Saturday, May 10, 2008

If you cannot take care of your baby,No one else will...

If you cannot take care of your baby, no one else will.
If someone is really consequential on this planet, that some one is you, and if you cannot take care of yourself, no one else will.

Life is like opening a speciality Restaurant where your USP (Universal selling Point) is say, diet food. So you open up to the foodies who would eat out more often, if the food be less calorific. But then you realize that the food is bland, and you could make someone tempt for a desert may be, so here it comes on your menu.
Bang, Kids come along too, there has to be this extra lavishly dressed burger too, and may be if you are catering more to a particular community, you could decide to serve “specialty food” like Punjabi, Rajasthani ,or like.
So what was your USP now becomes a platter, you have everything, sure you sell and make good profits, but you have lost your identity.

This is what happens, as you set to answer the larger question, ’What shall I do with my life. “

So whist I am stuck up with the larger question, “What shall I do with my life “,I am left clue less, more so because I feel I have always wanted to be a bit of everything I can be, so much so, that it has eventually diluted what I would primary want myself be.

People say, it’s all about being at the right place at the right time, but is there really a right place? I doubt so.

I look outside the window by my bed, the cool breeze that passes by me, and by the woods I notice a boy, somewhere in his teens, dragging his body, for he cannot walk.
And a thought crosses my mind, I have a strong mind and body, sure I do earn well, I am respected at amongst my family and peers because of this white collar job , but have I made a difference yet. I do not think so.
I have come to believe that life keeps sending in messages everyday, it is up to us to tune into them, and because we do not know when that one message that will change our life will come, so we need to keep hunting.
I am tempted to quote an expert from Steve Jobs’s , CEO Apple, commencement speech here, “You cannot connect what happens to you today, but may be years later when you try to relate to it, you will be able to connect the dots backward..
Probably you remember crying for that one sweet chap in college (I cried for loads , trust me!) , or that one company that happened to be your Dream Company in college, which you miraculously could not make, or that accident just before the V day, on your much awaited blind date. Now years later, when you are settled with a surprisingly sweet hubby, a satisfying job, and many sweet dinner dates with your Fiancé , you know what I am trying to sell.

Life ends the day you feel, you are done.

No comments: