Saturday, May 10, 2008

Sooner or later they will find you…

What it feels to have your lunch all by yourself on the first day at school!

I had this feeling, that someday, someone will observe me, and ask me to join them. That never really happened. Never in school, never in college, for if we have to make things work, we and we alone have to work towards it.

If you cannot take care of your baby, no one else will.



Born to working parents, whose job required of them to travel immensely, I practically spent half my life making friends, and the other half losing them;for I possibly changed around 9 or 10 schools in my entire Academics. Somehow the feeling of trying to mingle, and leaving behind an admired set of people never left me.

Someone who has faced it will tell you how ignominious and heart rendering it is. But things never really change. Be it school, where we kind of, find comfort in ‘herd’, or be it college where we do not wish to ‘stand out’., or be it any organisation for that matter, things never really change the human psychology. The basic human heart , the feeling of insecurity never really retreats.

And then comes another face, the job, where one seeks to find like minded people and people that can gel well with.

Look around for those subtle messages that life keeps throwing.
Life keeps throwing these messages all the while, just that like a band pass filter we tend to see things the way we want them to. If the Manager says, let’s meet after lunch, when did he say,’ You are performing bad, I want to kick you!’. Now don’t tell me your heart was not pounding after lunch.

As I grew, I really admired “unfreezing, changing , and refreezing “, concept a friend told me.

Standing in a BMTC bus, I see two kids, possibly the contenders for the dirtiest kids I had come across so far. The older girl is seated by the window and repeatedly strikes the younger girl with her elbow, as the younger one tries to grab a look from the window. The younger one looks irritated, and finally retorts back hitting. Now there are two ways any child would react, either she would cry and call the mum, or she will try to fight, completely aware that she cannot win.

When we were kids we never gave up, so why do we get bogged down by life, so easily as we grow up?
Why do we lose against a bossy colleague, or an overwhelming Manager, or a demanding spouse ?

On the face of it, things do appear tough at times, but they are no different from what you have already faced, and if you fared all them the earlier ones, well, this is just the same..

Dont bother about what you do not have, or what you cannot do, but direct your enery towards the positive , and the rest shall follow..

Life doesn’t wait for you to get back to your feet, So FIGHT !

And keep Running ..Because..Stable is stagnation..

No comments: