Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Kiss: Keep it simple, stupid !

Sometimes some conversations really get on your head, and how so ever may you try to forget them, they keep coming back to you.
I read the ‘joining the dots “ by Steve Jobs, and since then, I am far more convinced and optimistic that everything happens for a reason,only that you can “connect” it really later in your life.

I remember this small tete-a-tete I once had a friend over coffee, “So what is the purpose of life, an IT job that pays well, a Maruti an year from now, an onsite trip two years hence, a Honda City 10 years from now, and if everything goes well, may be a Hummer, or a Mercedes Benz. “

So while I walk around the magniloquent corridors, a pause to think, what I am heading to, a 10-6 job, that pays well, but intellectually, the learning curve has a slope close to zero, may be I never crossed the threshold in the first place.

As I come back from work everyday, I am left exhausted, with my entire body drained out, till the next morning, as I leave for work, and lock my house. But somehow I have increasingly started to comfort myself, ”ok, not this evening, this one’s going to be the way, I want to mould it, but.. There is only “now”, and the “later”, never speaks for itself ”.So as I procrastinate, evenings after evenings, this dissatisfaction drenches me and I tend to question myself repeatedly, will I be where I want to , the helm of my career, when I grow 50? May be then I will forget what the first monsoon means, the parties on Fridays, may the board rooms will take over the goofy cubicle conversations, but if this be the life I want, and if I want it this bad, there is no way, I will not have it.

Think,Decide,Plan, and its already time to attack !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice Post.Procrastination is the thief of time.ps. it is only for ppl who have time ;-)