Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Atleast I know to Dream..

The other day, on my way back from Tirupati as I looked outside the window, as we were passing through the country side,and I see, young children bare footed,dressed in some robes, that one can vaguely call "Uniforms".And not for a moment did I realize how priviliged had I been.

I was born in a middle class, yet intellectually encouarging family,for my parents always celebrated "me", even though I was a "girl".So what's so special, these days you have all the parents wanting their progeny to out-do them at everything,and forge far ahead of them.

What has made my parents so special is the fact, that they have always stood by me,never made me realize that I was a "girl", and most of all, the independence we sibilings were given to experiment with our careers,with absolutely no ROI expected.

They have taught me to dream, and in this regard, I feel I m blessed enough, for I am never satisfied with whatever I might achieve.It's not humility,but the
dissatisfaction that arises from wanting to explore more, that keeps me "Geared".

So just when the bus passes, I feel helpless, and proud at the same time,for these children at the countryside might never know, where can one go, if one knows to dream.

Infact a friend of mine,suggested that I keep my blog "Anonymous", I thought about it, for quite a while, and settled with an understanding, that I am sure should make me sell my point well.
Accepted I can be truly myself, if that be the case, but I purport that 7 years down the line, when I log in at genispeaks, I will know I made some promises to myself , and to the Readers, who spend some odd 10-15 minutes reading these,and just then,
will this determination grow stronger,

"Who am I is not the question, but who I can be, should indeed be the answer.."

No comments: